For more than 45 years, Wichita Festivals, Inc. has invited citizens and visitors to gather downtown and celebrate the best our community has to offer.
This year’s event will take place June 1-9, 2018, in and around the Arkansas River in the heart of downtown Wichita.
Originally a one-day event to recognize Wichita’s centennial in 1970, the Wichita River Festival, now known as Riverfest, has grown into the largest community event in Kansas.
- The nine-day festival, which welcomed 410,000 attendees in 2017, features local and national musical entertainment, children’s activities, athletic contests, water activities, performing and visual arts, cultural experiences and everyone’s favorite, festival food.
- Riverfest’s ticket sales rank it in the top 50 of Pollstar’s Top 100 Outdoor Festival Sites worldwide, and the event has been named one of the 100 best festival destinations in the United States by travel and leisure organizations.
- Wichita Festivals, Inc., (producer of Riverfest) is a member and co-founder of the International Festivals & Events Association, and Riverfest has received dozens of industry awards over the years.
- In a 2014 survey commissioned by Go Wichita! Convention and Visitors Bureau and other entities, Riverfest was named one of Wichita’s top three signature attractions and events.
- Riverfest creates an economic impact of between $25 and $30 million annually.
- More than 95% of Riverfest’s budget comes from corporations and individuals who provide cash support, in-kind donations and volunteers resources.
Date: June 1-9, 2019
Theme: To Be Announced on Jan. 26
Location: In and around the Arkansas River in the heart of Wichita, Kansas
Admission: One Riverfest button. Recognized as a symbol of support for the festival and pride in the community, the button grants admission to all but a few activities and services.